Housecat Grandmother

Fact: When grandson is born, Tiger Mother morphs into Housecat Grandmother.

My parents, who never let me get away with anything when I was growing up, seem to have no sense of discipline around Titan.  My mom pretends to be harsh with him; she even goes through the motions of putting up a gate that keeps him in the laundry room when he's inside the house so that he can't shed his hair everywhere.  But if someone leaves the door open and he saunters into the kitchen, she doesn't yell at him to go back to his room.  And when we're eating dinner, she doesn't even hide the fact that she's feeding him under the table.  "Oh, it's okay every once in a while," she says.  Yes, but you can't say that and then do it several times during the same meal!

Meanwhile, my dad just sits there and coos, "Titan!  Titan!" on repeat.

I swear, if this keeps happening, they're going to undermine all of the Tiger Dad parenting I've done with Titan.  He didn't graduate at the top of his Basic Obedience class by getting a Milkbone every time he made sad puppy eyes!

No comments: