Missing In Action

I arrived at Midlothian Medical Care yesterday morning to learn that my preceptor, Dr. Reinhardt, is actually on vacation for the next two weeks.  One of his partners from an office across town is filling in for him, and luckily for me, Dr. Boyce is a great guy who was happy to take me on as a student.  My first two days with him have been a lot of fun, but I'm still kind of upset about Dr. Reinhardt being on vacation for half of my rotation for a few reasons:

1. There are fewer patients in clinic than usual, because most of them would rather wait and see their own doctor instead of someone else who is filling in for him.  When Dr. Reinhardt's patients do come, Dr. Boyce is just as unfamiliar with their histories as I am, which kind of defeats the main purpose of Family Medicine: continuity of care.

2. When Dr. Reinhardt comes back, I will get to work with him for a grand total of eight days before the rotation ends.  So much for developing a meaningful mentor-pupil relationship.

3. The drug reps only bring free lunch when Dr. Reinhardt is here, so I'm not going to get any freericious nomz for the first two weeks.  WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS??

The nurses also mentioned that Dr. Reinhardt has a son who is about my age named David.  Could this be the same David Reinhardt who went to Manchester Middle School with me?  I must get to the bottom of this mystery.

...Does anybody know where I can find the Boxcar Children?

3 comments:

Katie said...

I am confused by your question. Are you looking for an answer besides "at Barnes and Noble"? Sorry about your preceptor.

Sammas said...

No, I just fear that they might be the only ones who can help me figure out if my preceptor and my friend from middle school are related. They're so much smarter than I am!

Christin said...

Haha I think it is- David Reinhardt's dad is definitely a doctor, I think my dad went to him once.ggyx