Google Analytics

For all of you readers who have admitted to me at some point or another that you "stalk" my blog, I have a secret to tell you: I've been stalking you, too.  Yes, I assure you, the feeling is mutual.  As I have mentioned before, I use Google Analytics, a service that, as its name implies, analyzes my website traffic.  For example, did you know that:

1. Idiopathies has been visited by someone in every single state in the good ol' USA except for the states of North Dakota and New Mexico?  Why, why won't they show me any love?

2. 49.41% of visits to Idiopathies are made using the Firefox browser?

3. The average visitor spends 1 minute and 11 seconds on Idiopathies?

4. The most visits that Idiopathies has ever received in one day was 161 hits?  This occured on January 20, 2009, when I wrote this post on Rev. Joseph Lowery's benediction during President Obama's inauguration.  121 of the hits that day were from Google searches on his speech.

5. Idiopathies has had 2,388 visits from the Google search engine and 2 from the AOL search engine?  Interesting search terms that have brought visitors to Idiopathies include: "nosheen jc chasez" (49 hits), "p'eau d'orange" (31 hits), "fucking pi kapp boys" (21 hits), "a person's fortune in the first is always the most profound, and sometimes even people's heart forever into the insulation" (2 hits), "i caught rabies" (1 hit), "19 and growing a beard" (1 hit), "guysmasturbating.blogspot.com" (1 hit), and "my parents did not pick me for thanksgiving" (1 hit).  Yeah, not sure why people were searching for some of those terms or why they were subsequently directed to my blog.

No comments: