Medical Specialty Aptitude Test

Only ten hours until the dreaded Neurology Shelf exam, so logically I decided to stop studying and take the Medical Specialty Aptitude Test.  I remember taking it when I first started medical school, but I can't for the life of me remember what the results were.  Oh well, as of tonight, my personality matches up best with the personalities of doctors in the following fields:

5. Occupational Medicine.  I honestly don't even have any clue as to what this is.  Any ideas?
4. Dermatology.  Ha!  As if I even had a chance of making it in this field.
3. Emergency Medicine.  Now things are gettin' cookin'... I could actually see myself doing this.
2. Family Practice.  This is what the idealist in me wants to do.  Here's to hoping that I'm still an idealist after I graduate from medical school.
1. Pediatrics.  Whoa, that came out of nowhere.  I've never really even considered Pediatrics.  I hate to see sick kids, and I'm pretty sure that if I became a pediatrician, I would just go home and cry every day after work.  But time will tell, won't it?

Alright, off to learn some more Neurology.  Can somebody please tell me why I waited until last weekend to start studying for this exam??

No comments: