The Greatest Gift

This evening our class gathered together to commemorate the sacrifices made by those who donated their bodies to science and, in particular, to our Gross Anatomy Lab. It was a very nice memorial service, with performances by the African Drum & Dance Ensemble and the Arrhythmics as well as readings by Gauri, Tracey, and Corinne. My love/hate relationship with Anatomy is well-known, but I have nothing but respect for people who would allow unskilled medical students like us to use their bodies, hoping that it will teach us about the human body and prepare us to perhaps one day cure the illness that took the life of the donor.

In more uplifting news, apparently today was some sort of unofficial Someecards Day, because I got one from Sunny and one from Lee. It's very clear that my friends are all enablers who want to destroy any chance I may still have at a respectable life and career.

No comments: