Blogging About Blogging

It's something I try to avoid, but I decided that I should take a few minutes to enumerate a few pet peeves of mine when it comes to blogging. Or, more specifically, my blog. Because let's be honest, I love talking about myself. So now I present to you:

Things Not to Do When It Comes to Blogs, And By "Blogs" I Really Just Mean the One You're Reading Right Now

1. Telling me that a certain post was funny/interesting/cool. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the fact that you liked what I wrote (in fact, I'm just happy that you're even reading my blog). But this creates a really awkward situation for me, and I never know how to respond appropriately. Should I say something like, "Thanks, I thought so too," or maybe, "I know, everything I write is funny/interesting/cool"? I guess I just have trouble integrating my life in the blogosphere (I love that word) with my life in the real world. If you really like what I just wrote, you are more than welcome to leave a comment or even send me a Gchat telling me that you LedOL. Just don't be offended if you tell it to me in person and I don't know how to react.

2. Telling me what to post about. This pretty much only occurs right after something funny happens. Every now and then, someone will say, "Haha! That was hilarious! Sam, you should blog about this." I never do. Why? Sometimes, it's because I didn't think it was as funny as you did. Sorry. Other times, I thought it was just as hilarious as you did, and probably laughed louder/harder/more obnoxiously, but I can't convert it into good reading material. Let's face it, I'm no Shakespeare. Still other times, I was actually thinking about blogging about it, but now I won't because you told me to. I know, I'm a jerk.

3. Telling me that my blog sucks. This has never actually happened to me, but if it did, I'm pretty sure that I would cry. So don't do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You knew this was coming...

Sam this post was really funny and interesting and cool. Tomorrow, you should post about this hilarious comment and how I'm about 10 million times funnier than you. I changed my mind, your blog sucks.

Sammas said...

I KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DO THAT.