Sick As a Dog

So since Tina happened to ask...

I didn't end up running the 5k on Saturday. I woke up to my alarm at 7:30 with a fever, sore throat, headache, and stiffness all over my body. I thought that maybe it would go away by race time, but when my body still felt like crap at 8:30, I decided to take some Sudafed and go back to bed. I'm really upset that I had to miss the race, but on the bright side, I feel a lot better now. This is in spite of the minor setback caused by a Gusburger at 2am on Saturday night. Why do I never learn??

I even felt good enough to go to the gym for the first time in over three months with Matt tonight. I had been perusing my Toga party photo album, in which every other picture obviously featured at least one guy flexing. On my 43rd flip-through, I noticed that the pictures of me flexing looked a little too similar to the pictures of me... not flexing. Yep, it's about time to start lifting weights again. Even if said weights are consistently half of what Matt is lifting. Shut up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding to my question in a blog post, instead of writing me a Facebook message or texting me like a normal person.

j/k!!! I'm glad you're feeling better, mon fecund feces. You are not as fecund when you're sick.