We Are Young

No, actually, we are forgetful. At tonight's concert, I sang a graduating duet with Sunny of Fun.'s We Are Young. It was so exciting! I've been in the Arrhythmics for four years and I'd never sung a solo before.

Well, turns out there's a reason for that.

The song was going so well... up until the last four measures. I thought we were going to repeat the chorus one more time, but we didn't. Of course we didn't, because we're not supposed to, and of all people, I should have known that, because I WROTE THE FREAKING ARRANGEMENT. So, at that very last moment, when the song is getting ready to end, I don't come in. I literally didn't sing. And then I realized my mistake, started singing, and threw the entire group off.

Ugh, and that is why I conduct and don't sing solos.

No comments: