Port and Cigars

Man, this week flew by fast. Last night was the annual Raven Banquet, and eleven of us from the medical school were in attendance. It was a beautiful evening, made even more beautiful by the fact that it's one of the few times a year when I get to pretend like I'm in the 1%.


As with any banquet, I went into full-on nom attack mode. Dr. Johns realized this and gave me the majority of her entrée, which she could not finish. Jen also gave me her leftovers. I dined a happy boy.

Of course, we cannot believe that any event has truly occurred unless there is a picture of Samsheen to prove it. After dinner (and the five hundred speeches) finally ended, we went outside to smoke some cigars. Nosheen and I hoarded all of them. Okay, just eight.


I actually only smoked half of a cigar last night, but apparently that was enough to make my throat sore and voice hoarse all day today. I'm treating it with a series of hot teas, pure honey, and salt water gargles. Let's hope the treatments kick in before the Arrhythmics concert tonight!

No comments: