River Trail

Yesterday's classes were on water safety and water rescue techniques. In the afternoon, we tried our best to avoid having to use the rescue techniques we had just learned while we went for a kayaking trip out in Palmyra.

The last time I had been out on the water was when we did the Gauley Marathon, and I have to say that this was much less harrowing but much more pleasant. It turns out 72 degree weather is more comfortable than 38 degree weather. Who woulda thunk it?


Apparently my landlord is refinancing my house, so he had an inspector come in yesterday to examine the property and take pictures. As a result, we had to get the dogs out of there. I was going to leave Titan at Lee's house, but his landlord was also coming over yesterday, so I ended up bringing him along for the day. He swam fine for about the first half hour, but then he started getting tired, so we had to bring him into the canoe with us.


Unfortunately, once in the canoe, he wanted to be back in the water and spent over half of the time whining, whimpering, and trying to jump back in. Man, I have a stupid dog.

No comments: