Don't Rain On My Parade

The best day of the year has come and gone once again. The Foxfield Races are a true UVA tradition, and my last one as a student was bittersweet. No worries, though, I've already requested my spring vacation time next year to be the two weeks around Foxfields weekend.

While most of the shenanigans were the same as you might expect at any Foxfields, a few things made these races stand out amongst all of the others.

First of all, the med school plot was parked next to an old-school trolley placed there to increase awareness for recycling. Obviously we had to pose for pictures on and near it. I am only sad to report that I wasn't there later in the afternoon when Neil actually successfully boarded the craft.


Also, they sold Foxfields merchandise for the first time that I know of. Jim, Nosheen, Richie, and I all decided that it was our civic responsibility to purchase their straw hats. As you can tell, we look pretty good in them.


Sadly, Nosheen and I are no longer considered "recent grads" for Trustees purposes, and for the first time since graduation, we weren't given chalet tickets with access to unlimited food, non-Aristocrat booze, and perhaps most importantly, short bathroom lines. Luckily they weren't guarding the area as closely as usual, though, so we were still able to sneak in and take a classic Samsheen photo.


Ah, yes, Foxfields. You might deter some people with your rainy weather forecasts, but nothing short of a hurricane could keep me away from you, and maybe not even that. What I really want is to bask in your glory for all the days of my life.


Now, before I end this post, I have to clarify one thing. I've caught (and heard other people catch) flak for referring to this beloved event as "Foxfields." There are some people who insist that it's "Foxfield without an s." Well, here is my argument.

Olympic Games : Olympics :: Foxfield Races : Foxfields

BOOM! You can't argue with word analogies. Case closed.

No comments: