Apartment Hunting, Day Three

Today was a dedicated broker day. After meeting the least professional broker in the world yesterday, I expected today to be better. And in some ways, it was.

Broker #2: Showed me some AMAZING apartments in the 140s. I was really tempted to take some of them... including one two-bedroom that only cost $1400/month. How is this possible!? HOW?? The broker was interesting: he and everyone else in his company are actors who do realty on the side. His boss is the creator and producer of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. The weird thing was that he rode his scooter everywhere, and at one point made me hold his coffee while he scooted over a particularly bumpy part of the sidewalk. Err... yeah.

Broker #3: Showed me some EXPENSIVE apartments in the 160s and 170s. They were nice, but they cost an arm and a leg. He would have been the most professional of all of the brokers I worked with, except that he didn't have any apartments ready for me to see. He had to keep making calls to landlords and superintendents to ask if they had anything available and if they would be willing to let us in. I'm pretty sure he was supposed to pick out apartments to show me based on the form I filled out before we met... but that clearly didn't happen.

Moral of the story: All brokers are weird. Really, really weird.

No comments: