Apartment Hunting, Day Two

This morning was dedicated to turning in paperwork and getting drug tested for work. Blah.

This afternoon was dedicated to more apartment hunting! It was an interesting experience.

Broker #1: I showed up at our designated meeting spot at 1:00. He wasn't there. I waited until 1:10. He still wasn't there. I called him, and he says that he thought we were meeting on Saturday. That's not possible, I tell him, because I'm leaving the city on Friday. Luckily he gets his act together and meets me to show me some apartments in the lower 200s. The whole time, he's cursing up a storm and making jokes about drugs and prostitutes. Then he tells me that I remind him of a classmate of his who was also Chinese. Super weird.

Apartment #6: Is this the jackpot? One bedroom in a two-bedroom apartment on the fourth floor with an elevator. Five blocks to work. Across the street from Fort Washington Park and a dog run. Roommate would be a 27-year-old guy who is a singer/actor and also works at the Trader Joe's Wine Shop. He loves dogs and even offered to take Titan on walks whenever he's home. He also owns a piano. Seriously? Seriously??

Unfortunately, he also has several other people interested in the place and told me he would get me his decision by Friday at the latest. What is this, match all over again? Am I supposed to write him a thank you e-mail and tell him that he's my #1 choice? Ugh, worst.

No comments: