Spring Forward

Daylight Savings Time began today, which was highly unfortunate because it meant that waking up at 8am was the same as waking up at 7am, which was hard to do following the four-way birthday celebration last night in honor of Nosheen, Coop, Liz, and Randy. But it was not for a lost cause: I made my way bright and early over to Spotsylvania, where a bunch of my college friends had rented a lake house for the weekend. It was nice to catch up with them and just spend a day hanging out by the lake. The house conveniently had a lot of outdoor seating, and we took full advantage of the two docks on the property. If only a boat was included in the rental...


I spent the evening at my parents' house, partly to pick up my luggage that had finally arrived during the week, partly to enjoy mom nomz, and partly to make some recordings of me playing accompaniment for the Chinese Chorus of Richmond, which my mom directs. As always, recording required several takes and ended up going for much longer than I had anticipated. I didn't get home until 1am, and now I need to get to bed because I have to wake up for class at 8am.

What? I haven't sat in a classroom in over a year. This is gonna be strange!

No comments: