Flags and Founding Fathers

Many moons ago, my friends and I purchased a LivingSocial deal for playing paintball. Half of us went during interview season, and the other half went this morning. It was my first time ever playing paintball, and when I knew what was going on (which was about 50% of the time), it was a lot of fun. The range of skill level was wide: there were a few younger kids there who seemed afraid to even advance on the field, and there were a few older kids there who brought their own paintball gear and were experienced almost to a frightening degree.

Best of all, even with the extra paintballs we ended up buying, the total cost came out to about $30/person. That's a great deal for getting to play all day!

No, I'm sorry, best of all, Lindsay brought her camera and took a ton of pictures of us decked out in Troy's camouflage gear. It was kind of nice having someone else willing to take care of all the photos. All I had to do was look up every now and then and make funny faces. Virtually no pressure on me!

On the way back, PaulSunny, and I drove by Montpelier. Since Sunny had visited it before, we took a brief detour to explore James Madison's old estate. I hadn't been there myself since the Montpelier Races over a year ago, and the grounds looked even more magnificent without all of the cars and foot traffic.


Fun Fact of the Day (thanks to Paul): When James Madison lived at Montpelier, he was living on the westernmost frontier of the United States.

No comments: