High School Diary

Yesterday's rehearsal went much more smoothly than the one from the day before. In fact, so did dinner. This time, I wasn't regarded as a social pariah and people actually sat and ate with me! One of the pit members even got up and brought me some french fries when he overheard me say that I wanted some. I felt so cool!

Of course, having seeing all of those movies about high schoolers while I was growing up, I kept waiting for someone to slip up and accidentally reveal that everyone was just being nice to me as part of a bet. Luckily, that never happened.

Instead, rejection came later in the night in the form of trivia at McGrady's. When I showed up, they were announcing scores from the second round, at which point our team was tied for first. After the third round, we were in a three-way tie for first. And then, after the fourth and final round, during which we only missed one question, we came in second. HOW DEVASTATING!

And, in case you're wondering, the largest country by land area in the European Union is France (674,843 km2), not Poland (312,685 km2). I will never forget.

No comments: