The Best Things In Life

...are free, I'm told. Well, I can't say whether or not that's true, but the free concert that Sons of Bill put on last night at the Paramount was pretty darn good. It's been a while since I've heard them play live, so I was glad when Josh and Neil told me they wanted to come, too. It was a great set: they played a good mix of old songs that I recognized and new songs off of Sirens, which comes out in stores next week.

I could go on and on about Sam's outrageous skills on the guitar, Abe's bluesy flat threes on the keyboard, and their lush harmonies (first inversion over the melody? how do they know I'm a sucker that kind of stuff??), amongst other things. But it's easier for me to say that you should go check out their music for yourself.

Special thanks to Lisa, who had an extra voucher with her and let me have it so that I could get a free copy of Sirens after the concert. Also, special eye roll to Paul, who randomly showed up halfway through the concert. What the heck, dude??

No comments: