Los Parásitos

On this, the last week of my trip to Guatemala, I've fallen ill.

It all started this past weekend with a few loose stools.  I never had outright diarrhea, but it was by no means well-formed.  Then, this morning, I woke up feeling a little queasy.  It went away with some breakfast, but halfway through clinic I started feeling really queasy and nauseous.  That's when I knew what I had, but I wanted the proof.  And I got it!


Okay, you really can't see what the slip of paper says, so here's a close-up for all you nosy folks out there.


That's right: I've got the amoebas, or as we like to call them here, the 'meebs.  I'm on a three-day treatment of nitazoxanide 500mg bid, which I don't mind at all, especially because there is no drug-alcohol interaction.  God forbid something come between me and my nightly Brahva!

No comments: