Las Traducciones

Yesterday was spent mostly on the road to and from Sololá, where I translated for the OB/GYN doctor who was interested in setting up future jornadas in the area.  It was a good day for me, because in return for my help, he paid for all of my travel expenses as well as a meal at the Vietnamese-Mayan fusion restaurant in Panajachel, where we stopped for lunch.  Best!

And that wasn't the end of my free meals.  Last night was the official team dinner all of the volunteers who had come down for surgery, and I was invited to come along with the rest of the local hospital staff.  The meal was already paid for, and we could order anything off the menu, so needless to say, I went for the surf and turf.  I boldly asked for my steak to be prepared medium-rare, and as of this posting, I still haven't had any diarrhea.  As long as the next 24 hours go well, I think I'll be in the clear.  Fingers crossed...

No comments: