La Tarea

Each week at Celas Maya we get a new tutor, and this week I'm working with Jessica.  I really enjoy her teaching style, because she focuses less on going over the grammatical rules and really spends time practicing with me.  This is perfect for me, since I am pretty comfortable with Spanish grammar (it's really not all that different from French grammar), but I forget how to use it in the context of a conversation.

The downside of having Jessica as a tutor is that she also loves giving homework.  I mean, LOVES giving homework.  On the first night, I had to do two worksheets, watch a video about pediatric cardiac surgery in Guatemala and summarize its content, and write three essays.  Lolwut?

Luckily last night I only had to do three pages of exercises on the subjunctive and write two essays, which meant that I actually had time to exercise as well.  Steph and I continued our run towards the Santa Maria Volcano, this time making it all the way to the town that sits at the base of the mountain.  The run was probably about six miles long, which I'm really proud of, because the longest I can ever recall running in my life is eight miles.  On top of that, the first time I had run since May, when I started P90X, was two weeks ago.

Let's hope I didn't push myself too far and give myself shin splints.  Warst.

No comments: