That Was CLAWesome

After all these years, I've finally made it to a Charlottesville Lady Arm Wrestlers event.  I just got back from CLAWnucopia, a fundraiser for Quality Community Council.  And what a spectacle it was.


The match was in tournament style and featured arm wrestlers in costumes so absurd that Lewis Carroll would be shocked to see them. Fans can purchase CLAWbucks, which can be donated to each of the wrestler's posses, who then use the Monopoly-esque money to bribe the "judges" of the match.  Our favorite character was Hester Prynne, who was unceremoniously defeated by the eventual champion, Reverend Blackbusch, in the second round of the competition.

I can honestly say I've never been to anything quite like this before.  There were so many colors and sounds, I'm still not sure I've processed all of what I experienced.

In the same way, I'm still not sure I've processed that UVA actually defeated FSU at their own stadium while I was at CLAWnucopia.  Wahoowa!

No comments: