Going the Distance

Well, today certainly went a lot more smoothly than yesterday.  I slept in really late but managed to drag myself off of the couch in order to watch the NYC Marathon with Christin and her friend Alex at the 17th mile.  Cheering on the many runners who had written their names on their shirts turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected, especially because Christin made signs for us wave at them as they went by.


It was a beautiful day, so we strolled over from our initial spot at the intersection of 88th Street and 1st Avenue to Central Park, where we caught the runners at the 24th mile.  We also found several other hilarious signs while we were there.


Not all of them were necessarily family-friendly, but they certainly made me laugh out loud.


 I walked the extra mile.  There were no naked cheerleaders.


Oh, making the lulz out of current events.  How clever!

Watching the marathoners run 26.2 miles made us really hungry, so Christin and I went restaurant hunting near her place.  We discovered a place called pure thai cook house, which had really cool decor, really good food, really large portions, and most importantly, really cheap prices.  I got pork pad thai for only $10, which is less than I would pay for dinner at most Thai restaurants in Charlottesville.

A successful day to end a successful weekend, symbolized in the form of a brand new blog layout.  Thanks, Tina!

1 comment:

Grace said...

i like the new layout!