Entertainment Tonight

As a fourth year, I have re-discovered the luxury of free time.  It's been months since I'd last read a novel for pleasure, and I've been craving some good reading for a long time.  I decided to start with A Clockwork Orange, one of those books that I had always wanted to read but had never really got around to doing.


The novel is divided into three parts, and to be honest, the first one was terrible.  It took me forever to get into it, because it's hard to read (the narrator speaks in Nadsat, which is an odd combination of English and Russian), and because it's honestly a little boring.  But then I read the second and third parts in one day, so as you can probably tell, it really picks up.  If you've seen the movie but never read the book, I highly recommend that you do it, because the endings are surprisingly different.

I also started watching Terra Nova, a show that combines my love for time travel and dinosaurs with a plot that's just reminiscent enough of Lost.  Hello, sci-fi.  Goodbye, sleep.


Fun fact: there really was a dinosaur called the gasosaurus.  If only I'd known that before trivia night on Thursday.

No comments: