Welcome Home

Seven days and five away interviews later, I'm finally back in my room in Charlottesville.  It's going to be so nice to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Although I can't really complain about my accommodations last night: Julia and Matt picked me up from the bus stop and took me to their house.  Yes, their house.  As in the one they own.  I stayed in their guest bedroom.  Yes, you read that right.  For the first time in a week, I slept not on a couch or a futon, but in a real bed.  In a house.  With a sun-room and a porch.  It was unbelievable.  My friends... they've grown up so fast!

But my whirlwind tour of New York and Pennsylvania has finally come to an end, and it's time for me to take a break and relax.  Thanks to Anoop, who let me hitch a ride back to Charlottesville.  This means that I've traveled by airplane, train, bus, subway, and car in the past week.  If only I'd taken the Staten Island Ferry, too...

No comments: