As Was Foretold

This post is dedicated to Paul, who said earlier today, "I smell a blog post in the making."

Lee and Paul drove me back to Richmond today to pick up my car and my dog, both which I had left at my parents' house for the past week.  When we arrived, Titan excitedly greeted us at the door, and a few minutes later, we noticed our hands were covered in dried blood.  It took us a while to figure out that the blood had come from Titan's ear, and when I called my mom, I found out that he had run into the neighbor's yard to play with their dog last night but was bitten pretty brutally instead.

Apparently he hadn't stopped bleeding overnight, so for a second I considered taking him to the vet to get sutures.  But then I realized it would cost hundreds of dollars to sedate him and perform a procedure on him, so I quickly put that thought out of my mind.  Lee, Paul, and I ended up using super glue (the poor man's Dermabond) to stop the bleeding.  We also used a napkin to apply pressure to the site while waiting for Titan to achieve hemostasis, and now that's super glued to his ear as well, so he looks kind of goofy.


After a quick trip to the Short Pump Town Center followed by a delectable feast of mom nomz, I forced Lee and Paul to go to the Byrd Theatre with me to catch Contagion.  It's been a long time since I had seen a movie at the Byrd, but not much has changed.  The theatre still smells kind of funny, and the seats are still uncomfortably close, but most importantly, Bob Gulledge still plays the Wurlitzer organ before the start of the show, as he has for so many years.


Does your local movie complex have an organist?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

1 comment:

Mica said...

Poor Titan!

I haven't seen a movie at the Byrd in FOREVAAAAR.