Home Is Where the Mom Noms Are

Many of my parents' friends have moved recently.  As their children grow up and get their own places, they've downsized into more appropriate living spaces.  Not so with my parents.

They recently upsized into a larger house than the one I grew up in.  I can't really tell you why; as far as I can gather, it's so that they can host bigger parties.  Fact: this is not a good reason to buy a new house.  Especially when there are only two of you living in it.

I saw my parents' new pad last night, and it's weird to think that this is where I'll be coming home to on Thanksgivings and Christmases from here on out.  Especially because they haven't decorated it yet, so the walls are entirely bare.  Oh well, I can't deny that it's certainly nicer than the house I'm accustomed to.  Plus, it's less than an hour from Charlottesville, so you'd better believe that I'll be making regular trips to collect mom noms to bring back with me for the remainder of the school year.

No comments: