Double Whammy

So, I'm a little behind on my work hours.  But it's not my fault, I swear!  I couldn't work any shifts last weekend because of the wedding and I couldn't work any shifts this weekend because of Homecomings, so I started making up for it today by taking on a 9a-12p Toxicology shift followed by a 3p-11p adult ED shift.  Yeah, it made for a long day, but at least I got to break it up with another trip to Ariana Grill Kabob House, this time with Derek and Sunny for $3.99 lunch.

Or so I thought.

We got there and took our seats outside.  The server brought us three glasses of ice water, silverware, and menus.  And then we saw it: a lack of lunch specials.  Even the banner advertising $3.99 kabob wraps had been taken down from the front porch!  Our world came crashing to a halt!  At the risk of looking extremely cheap, we sheepishly told our server that we would no longer be eating there and left.  Okay, fine, we made Sunny do it.  Oh, the shame!!

My failure of a lunch experience was merely a foreshadowing of how my ED shift would be: by the time I left tonight, there was an eight hour wait for the adult ED and a five hour wait for the peds ED.  It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.

No comments: