Jenniven vs. Kevifer

My good friends Jennifer and Kevin got married yesterday.  It was a special wedding to me for several reasons, not the least of which is because Kev and Jen are the only couple I've ever shared a bed with simultaneously.  The story is long and really doesn't make sense even when told properly, so I'll spare you all the details.

The ceremony at the UVA Chapel was short and sweet (seriously, it lasted all of 15 minutes), and before I knew it, we had been whisked downtown for the reception at The Jefferson Theatre.


The decorations there were great, especially the fake movie posters they made with pictures of Kev and Jen.  I also loved the bottles of wine they laid out front that we could write messages on.  Of course, I went for the big money and picked the one they're supposed to open on their 50th anniversary.  While other people left sentimental and thoughtful notes, I wrote, "Hope you guys still remember who I am! -Sam."

The rest of the evening was a blur: there was bacon-wrapped shrimp that blew my socks off, there was a buffet that gave me such a large food baby that I nearly tore through my vest, and there was dancing.  Boy, was there dancing.  Unfortunately I never got a picture with Jen, but I did get this great picture with Kev.  It looks like Jim is photobombing it, but I swear, we totally meant for him to be in the picture, too.


This morning, I woke up to find the last text that I had sent last night was in fact a mass text to everyone I had hung out with at the wedding:

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I LOVE MY FRIENDS!

It's all too true.

No comments: