HOOS the Exterminator

Two things could have happened yesterday: it could have been the best day of my life, or I could have ended up in jail.  Seeing as how I'm posting on my blog right now, it's safe to say that we went with the former.

It all began with a brunch hosted by Lizzie.  Bodo's bagels, bacon, eggs, and mimosas?  Talk about a breakfast of champions!

After briefly catching up with my friends who were there, I headed over to the house that Stevie and Steph had rented for the weekend and picked up our friends for the wedding tailgate.  Unsurprisingly, Stevie's mom prepared a bountiful feast for the party.  I'd like to say that we cleaned up, but we only managed to make a notable dent in the food and the beer.


Soon it was time to head into the game, which turned out to be one of the greatest games I've ever attended.  Apparently all of the other fans agreed, too: we rushed the field after clenching a 24-21 victory against 12th ranked Georgia Tech.  It was my second time rushing the field of a UVA game, but it was my first time getting a picture with Cavman on the 50-yard line.


Still on a high from winning the game, we ventured over to Young Alumni Reunions.  Sure, the party filled up quickly and I had to sneak Josh and Paul in, but that just made it all the more awesome.  Not that there was much room for improvement given the unlimited food from Wayside Chicken, Take It Away, and Arch's plus a beer truck carrying both Bud Light and Shock Top.  Man, I hope this is what Heaven is like.  Also, I hope to get a picture with Thomas Jefferson there, just like Steph got a picture with a cardboard cutout of his image at YAR.


The party ended at 11pm, and the smart thing to do would have been to go home.  After all, we had a Trustees meeting at 10am the next morning, and a good night's sleep after the madness of the day would have been nice.  But how could we possibly waste the three golden hours before bars closed?  Plus, when have I ever been known to make the "smart" decision?

I'm not going to lie: when I woke up this morning, I wanted to die.  But that's a small price to pay for what will forever stand as the most epic day of my entire life.  Thank you, UVA, for being the happiest place on earth.

1 comment:

Steohanie Glover said...

Sam, I LOVE this post. So much. It really was one of the happies days in my entire life. Does that make us pathetic? maybe. But I was/am a happy camper nonetheless. Glad you had so much fun this weekend too!! I'm going to give you a shout out for the cool TJ pic when I blog about Homecomings tonight!!