Buyer Beware

I went grocery shopping hungry last weekend.  I know, I know, I've been told you're not supposed to do that.  I thought I learned my lesson when I went shopping after working out one time in college and ended up buying a 12-pound turkey that was on sale, which inadvertently led to the first annual Hallowanksgiving celebration at Venable Court Apartments in October 2005.  But I digress.

So, I bought a lot of food.  But that is not what this post is about.  This post is about one particular item that I purchased.  This item is called a Titan High Protein Bar.


You see, I had never eaten a protein bar before.  And so many of them were on sale at Kroger!  My hunger after an intense Plyometrics workout combined with my innate Asian love for sales left me no choice: I had to buy one and try it.  Out of the entire shelf, I ended up going with this one because I love my dog Titan and I thought maybe I would love my protein bar Titan as well.

Well, I was wrong, and it was bad.  Not gag-and-spit-it-out-of-my-mouth bad, not swallow-but-throw-the-rest-of-it-away bad, but more like this-tastes-like-cardboard-and-I-don't-want-it-anymore-but-I-already-paid-for-it-so-I'm-going-to-finish-it bad.

Moral of the story: if you've never tried a protein bar, then this one is not the first one you should try, unless your goal is to develop a visceral reaction to the name of your beloved pet.

No comments: