Out of My Hands

Yes!  I did it!  I just submitted my ERAS application for residency programs.  I can't believe this is actually happening, or that I threw down a combined $560 registering for the Electronic Residency Application Service and the National Residency Matching Program.  Good thing I'm already hopelessly in debt.  What's another few hundred dollars?

I'll be honest: I'm a little bit nervous, because this is the first time I've ever applied to anything where my scores are below the average of the applicant pool.  I guess that's why I ended up spending so much money applying to so many programs (35 to be exact).  But all of the faculty members I spoke to recommended that instead of cutting programs off of my list, I should let them cut me.  Pros: increased odds.  Cons: decreased morale.

Welp, from now on, it's out of my hands.  Time to sit back and pray for interview offers.  Wish me luck!

No comments: