In Search of Lulz

This is shaping up to be the most fruitful Labor Day weekend of my life.

Earlier this evening, Lee, Nosheen, Paul and I drove up to Lexington to watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes at Hull's Drive-In.  The movie ended up being way better than I had expected, and by the end of it, I'm pretty sure I sympathized more with the apes than I did with the humans.  I dunno, maybe I should have been a veterinarian instead of a doctor.

As good of a time as we had watching the movie, the most memorable events occurred during the road trip there and back.

On the drive to Lexington, Lee made us stop at LEE HI Travel Plaza, a famous truck stop, so that he could play the coin-pushing arcade game.  Needless to say, he wasted two good dollars worth of quarters.


Das Racist's song Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell kept coming up on Paul's iPod during our drive.  On our way back, Lee said that he knew of one in Charlottesville, which none of the rest of us initially believed.  Paul wanted him to put his money where his mouth was, so they decided to bet on it.  If Paul was correct, then Lee would have to give him his cat Taiga.  If Lee was correct, then Paul would have to buy each of us a taco.  And guess what?  There is a combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell near the I-64 exit for the 5th Street.  Thanks for the nomz, Paul!


Ah, I really don't want this weekend to end.  Oh wait, it doesn't have to: I don't have to start my maternal-fetal medicine rotation until Tuesday!  It was the best of times; it was the best of times.

No comments: