Stinky Fart Dog

A while ago I switched Titan from Purina Beneful Original to Rachael Ray Nutrish.  I forgot why I switched dog foods other than the fact that Nutrish was on sale at Kroger for the next six months and was actually cheaper than the major brands.  This past weekend I had to buy more dog food and Nutrish was no longer on sale, so I went back to Beneful.  Today, Titan started having stinky farts again, and I remembered why I had stopped feeding it to him in the first place.  I guess the pricey stuff actually is better, after all.

You know what's cooler than my stinky fart dog?  The first ever VMed Orientation Trivia Night, where Nosheen and I finally lived out our dreams of being quizmasters.  Check out this extremely awkward photo of us sitting at our high-tech booth, where we had control over all of the audio and visual displays in the Learning Studio.


That's right, Geeks Who Drink ain't got nothin' on us!  Although, I did steal their quiz format, including their Audio Round 2 and Visual Round 5.  We chose to do 90s one-hit wonders and US presidents for each of those rounds, respectively.  I'll publish the questions we wrote for the remaining six rounds at the bottom of every post this week.  Check out the Comments section for the answers!

Round 1: What's in a Name?
1. The hit single Graduation was released in April 2000, just in time for my middle school graduation, by Colleen Ann Fitzpatrick.   What is her stage name?
2. We know him as Magic Johnson, but he grew up with the name Earvin Johnson.  What number did the Los Angeles Lakers retire in 1996 in his honor?
3. Actress and singer Marilyn Monroe is a well-known sex symbol of the ‘50s and ‘60s.  However, her parents gave her a decidedly less sexy name.  What was her birth name?
4. The power of foresight: what large American city, now known for having the world’s busiest airport, was called Terminus until 1843?
5. Actually, Toto, we’re still in Kansas.  What city renamed itself Google during the month of March 2010?
6. The Sears Tower was the tallest building in the world for almost 25 years.  What is its official name as of July 16, 2009?
7. When I was your age, Pluto was a planet.  What is its designation today, according to the International Astronomical Union?
8. What is the stage name of Carlos Irwin Estevez?  Hint: it’s not Thomas Jefferson; he was a pussy.

1 comment:

Sammas said...

1. Vitamin C
2. 32
3. Norma Jean Mortensen
4. Atlanta, GA
5. Topeka
6. Willis Tower (favorite answer: CashForGold.com Tower)
7. dwarf planet (favorite answer: Trans-Neptunian Object)
8. Charlie Sheen