Here We Go Again

And so another class at the UVA School of Medicine has been oriented and is ready to start the first day of classes tomorrow.

This weekend marked the tail end of their two-week social orientation, which went swimmingly.  Last night we held the annual Pirate Party.  Sadly, the weathARR didn't comply, but we were having so much fun that it didn't really bother us.  Plus, what bettARR way to stimulate the pirate senses than by feeling giant raindrops the salty ocean breeze on our faces?

And of course we ended the whole ordeal with a Sunday polo match at King Family Vineyards, as per tradition.  I was a little unsure of how the afternoon would go because it was so freaking hot, but I should have known that any event involving horses would go swimmingly.  I brought Titan along, so he got to stomp the divots with us at the halftime break.  I also pretended he was my own polo horse.  He looks enough like one, anyway.


As we were leaving, we ran into PJ, my little sib, and his friends, who offered to share their bountiful feast of Raising Cane's chicken, fruit salad, and brownies.  Their offer was not refused.

Congratulations again to SMD15.  I'm excited for the four years ahead of you, but let's be honest, I'm much more excited for the last year ahead of me.  BECAUSE OMG I LOVE FILLING OUT APPLICATIONS SO MUCH!!!!!!!1!!

No comments: