Daugtism

I'm pretty sure that my dog has autism.  It wasn't always like this; when Titan was younger, he loved playing with other dogs at the dog park.  But I've noticed a change over the past few years.  As he's grown older, he's no longer interested in interactive play.  These days, when we go to park, he only participates in parallel play.

And he fixates.  Recently, he's become fixated on looking for sticks at the bottom of the river.  He plunges his head into the water and digs through the mud with his front paws until he finally finds a stick.  I joke to the other owners that my dog is dredging for gold, but deep inside I'm wondering, What the heck is wrong with my dog?  Why doesn't he just run around and wrestle like the rest of them?

 Action shot of Titan dredging.

 Found one!

I don't know how to teach him the social skills he needs to develop normal relationships with his peers.  I also don't know what happened to cause this change in behavior... but I'm pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with his immunizations.

Round 3: Cher versus Paris (was this a quote by Cher in the movie Clueless or a tweet by Paris Hilton?)
1. When your allergies act up, take out your nose ring.
2. Life is too short to focus on the negative. Always focus on the positive and good in your life and good things will come your way.
3. I feel like such a heifer.
4. These rumors going around are so ridiculous, untrue and cruel.
5. I love leopard.
6. I broke in my purple clogs.
7. I want to do something for humanity.
8. The best things in life aren’t things.

1 comment:

Sammas said...

1. Cher
2. Paris
3. Cher
4. Paris
5. Paris
6. Cher
7. Cher
8. Paris