Mawwiage

Last night I went to my first med school wedding!  Well, I guess technically Brittany and Brandon were first, but they were engaged before Brittany started med school, so I'm not counting it.  Anyway, Jim and Mary tied the knot and invited a bunch of their med school friends to join them in their celebration.

Unfortunately, Colleen and I had to come straight from the White Coat Ceremony for the new first years, so we didn't get to the wedding until after Mary had walked down the aisle.  Still, it was a very nice (and very Catholic) service.  Aside: did you know that Catholics recite the Lord's Prayer in a different way than Protestants?  Yeah, crazy.


The wedding reception was even better.  The band was a perfect wedding band, complete with a Sax Man who limbo-ed with us (although they would have been even more perfect if they could have played Lauren's request for Super Bass).  We ate, we danced, and we drank basil gimlets, which are surprisingly delicious.  Mary and Jim, thanks for throwing such a great party and letting us celebrate with you!

2 comments:

Janice Dean said...

Yeah, that bit at the end of The Lord's Prayer that Catholics don't say isn't in the oldest extant versions of Matthew. They kind of have a point on this one... Did you do that awkward thing where you keep going but all the Catholics stopped? I hate it when I forget and do that!

Sammas said...

haha yes and then i looked awkwardly at my catholic friend standing next to me. IM SO EMBARRASSING!