Cash Money

I went to an away clinic yesterday in Roanoke for Pediatric Genetics.  And guess what?  I am being reimbursed for traveling expenses!  I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!  This is the first time in all of medical school that I have been reimbursed for the cost of gas.  And let's face it: it's pretty darn expensive right now.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying Pediatric Genetics for the time being.  It's certainly nice to have more normal hours again.  It's also kind of crazy to finally see some of the genetic diseases we kept hearing about during the first two years of medical school, like neurofibromatosis and Ehler-Danlos syndrome.  Then there are the diseases I've never heard about in my entire life, like facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy and Kabuki syndrome.  What can I say?  You learn something new every day.

No comments: