Criminal Mind

When I left work last night, I labeled a leftover sandwich from lunch with my name and placed it in the refrigerator in the Family Medicine resident workroom.

When I went to eat it at lunchtime, it was gone.

Who could have done it?  What mean, evil, conniving person would take a sandwich that they knew belonged to somebody else!?  How did it taste going down with a side of guilty conscience??

I may never know the answer to those questions, but the least I could do to defend my honor was the leave a passive-aggressive note:


We had sandwiches again today for the PGY2 Practice Inquiry lunch.  This time, I wrapped my sandwich in a napkin with a decidedly more aggressive label.  KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF, SIR OR MA'AM!


On second thought, maybe Titan was the one who sneaked into the resident workroom and ate my sandwich.  I did forget to feed him this morning when I left for work, after all.  I'm such a terrible father!

2 comments:

Garrett said...

You should leave a note that says "I spit on this sandwich earlier this morning." It's so absurd, but possible, that I'm sure people would stay away.

Jeff and Jing said...

say you got the RABIES!