Why I Like Sam Merlotte

It's no secret: I love True Blood.  I can't help it.  I'm obsessed with vampires and werewolves.  Well, except for the ones in Twilight.  They're lame.

Back to what I was saying: I love True Blood.  But I also kind of hate it.  The plot is great, which is what keeps me watching after all these seasons.  The main characters, on the other hand, are downright terrible.  Bill is too whiny, Sookie is too indecisive, Tara is too psychotic, and Lafayette is just too... everything.

The one friend I have on the show is shapeshifter Sam Merlotte.


Three reasons why I want to be Sam Merlotte:

1. It would be an easy transition.  Sure, I'd have to change my last name, but everyone I'm friends with could continue calling me Sam.  What a noble and distinguished name, I might add.  Aside: Sam Merlotte is played by actor Sam Trammell on the TV show.

2. His preferred shape is a collie.  My preferred pet is a husky.  Okay, not quite the same thing, but pretty close.  We're obviously both dog people, which means our personalities are probably very similar.

3. He owns a bar.  Did you know that it has always been my dream (okay, at least since I started college in 2004) to own a restaurant on the Corner?  Seriously, I would quit medical school right now if you handed me the keys to Boylan Heights or Sushi Love.  JUST GIVE THEM TO ME.  Kthx.

So there you have it: three good reasons I could (and should) be Sam Merlotte.

No comments: