For Dear Old UVA

This weekend was Reunions Weekend at UVA, so the grounds were teeming with alumni coming back to celebrate the memories they had made at Mr. Jefferson's University.  Yesterday, the University Singers hosted an alumni sing-in for all former members of our singing groups.  I was looking forward to singing with many of my college friends, but my plans were slightly thwarted when I received a call from our director on Thursday saying that the accompanist had to leave to attend to a family emergency.  I ended up quickly learning the piano music for the many songs we would be rehearsing.

Having never sung together, I thought we did an incredible job on I Was Glad, an anthem recently made popular when it was performed at the Royal Wedding.  We also worked on Ten Thousand Voices and the Hallelujah Chorus.  Of course, no UVA reunion event could be complete without The Good Old Song, which is an a cappella song, meaning I got to sing with the group!


Wahoowa indeed!

No comments: