Best Elective Ever

This is a public service announcement for fourth years:

Do you want to see really cool procedures?  Do you like working with friendly attendings and house staff?  Do you miss Anatomy dissections?  Do you want to do a rotation where you can learn a lot but still have vacation-like hours?

Try Autopsy!  Seriously, it's awesome.  I'm not at all interested in becoming a pathologist, but it's still fascinating to see how they work and what they do.  Plus, check out my work schedule from this past week:

Monday: vacation
Tuesday: 3:00-3:10pm
Wednesday: 9:15-10:30am
Thursday: 9:00-11:45am
Friday: 12:30-4:00pm

Man, I could really get used to this... but how am I ever going to make it next year as an intern?  "Oh, sorry, I've worked three hours today.  I think it's time for me to go home and watch the French Open."  Yeah, probably not gonna fly.

No comments: