Disposophobia

I'm a bit of a hoarder.  Not to a pathologic state, but I definitely find it hard to throw things away.  And my friends aren't making it any easier on me: I feel especially guilty when I even think about throwing away their wedding invitations.  I know they spend a ton of time designing them and a ton of money actually creating them, so I can never bring myself to toss the cards into the recycling bin (Hiyo!  I'm environmentally conscious), even if the wedding itself has already happened.  Which is why I have a four-inch stack of premium quality paper stuffed inside thick envelopes sitting on my desk.

Aside: can you believe that there's actually a Wikipedia article on the history of wedding invitations?

Well, now that I've actually read the article, I have to also ask: can we go back to announcing weddings by means of a town crier?  That would really save me the turmoil of having to decide whether to keep or get rid of all of these invitations on my desk...

No comments: