When It Rains, It Pours

As you may remember from before, Titan is deathly afraid of thunderstorms.  I should have known when I left for work this morning that he had reached his breaking point.  It's been raining off and on for the past week, and the forecast for today called for flash floods.  Well, the weatherman did not disappoint.  Every time I looked out of the window of the Rheumatology clinic, my heart sank a little deeper into my stomach.  Yet nothing could prepare me for the sight I came home to see.


This is the floor of my usually spotless bedroom.  Titan had freaked out during the day-long downpour and broken into my closet, tearing apart everything he could see.  Fortunately, both of my guitars escaped unscathed, but he managed to find a box of my favorite photographs and broke eight of the 20 picture frames.  He also tore apart several bags, including one with an unopened bottle of conditioner in it.  By the time I got home, all of my belongings were covered with a layer of oily moisturizer.

The first thing I did was let Titan go outside to go potty, but he was so terrified of the thunderstorm that he wouldn't go.  Then I spent an entire hour to cleaning up my bedroom, and of course Titan just watched with a quizzical look on his face while I picked up the shredded cardboard and swept up the broken glass.  Then he disappeared to go downstairs and pooped in the basement.  WHY, TITAN, WHY??

On a completely different (and hunger-inducing) note, my good friend Sunny has started a food blog, Umami Bomb.  I see that she rejected my suggestions of calling it Hot Umami Mommy or Umami Tsunami (too soon?), but you should still go check it out!

No comments: