The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The good news is that I get the afternoon off.

The bad news is that I had to sit through Rheumatology didactic lectures this morning to earn it.  Not that Rheumatology itself is boring per se, but when our third speaker introduced her topic on the role of the ID3 gene and auto-antibodies in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, I knew there was little hope for me to stay awake for another hour.

The ugly news is that before I started nodding off, I heard her mention that atherosclerosis is being diagnosed in children at an alarming rate due to the obesity epidemic.  But I chose to go into Pediatrics so I could avoid dealing with hypertension and dyslipidemia!

Now allow me to close on a positive remark: I came home to find my room just as I left it and Titan sleeping peacefully on his bed.  What a good boy!

No comments: