Mischief Managed

It wasn't until Timmy and I were leaving for Trivia Night at Mellow Mushroom (don't judge me) that I realized that Titan hadn't been upstairs with him.  In fact, Titan wasn't even in the house.  I had left the front door open since the weather was so beautiful, and at some point during the evening, Titan must have escaped.

Well, I'm glad to let you know that Richie and I found Titan.  Of course, I had already shelled out $15 for color copies of his missing poster.  Thanks to the fact that he's the most photographed dog in America, I had plenty of pictures to choose from.


Sorry, the interwebz are not quite ready for my cell phone number.

The story:

Richie was driving me around while I taped copies of Titan's missing poster up and down JPA.  Then my phone rang, and although I didn't recognize the number, I answered hoping for good news.  The caller was Officer Pleasant, who told me that Titan had been spotted near 1800 JPA.  Richie and I rushed to the apartment complex, saw Titan roaming around aimlessly, pulled over, and threw open the doors.  Titan jumped into the car, wagging his tail as if nothing had happened.

I called Officer Pleasant back to thank him and to ask him how he got my number.  Apparently, he had received a call earlier in the evening from some guy that Titan had been chasing on Valley Road.  By the time Officer Pleasant arrived on the scene, both Titan and the distressed caller were gone.  He then happened to come across one of my neighbors and when he described the dog that he was looking for, the neighbor informed him that it was probably my dog and showed him where I lived.  Officer Pleasant took note of one of the cars in the driveway (it happened to be mine), ran a search on the license plate, found my name, cross-referenced it with the Student Directory, and wrote down the cell phone number.  Then, when he got a call tonight saying that a stray dog had been seen walking around 1800 JPA, he gave my cell phone a call and told me exactly where my dog was located.

Now that's good detective work!  Thank you, Officer Pleasant, for going above and beyond the call of duty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.margodebeijer.com/wp-content/uploads/ace-ventura.jpg