Decoration Day

Today, I honored the fallen soldiers of our great nation the way they would have wanted: by celebrating my freedom with boating, steaks, and ice cream (not necessarily in that order).

Timmy's parents own a condo at Smith Mountain Lake, so Katen and I joined him for a relaxing day on the water with his family.  We started the morning off with some waterskiing, which was just another opportunity for Timmy to prove that he's better than everyone else at all athletic endeavors.  We took Titan out in the boat with us, and as you can tell, he enjoyed keeping a close eye on Uncle Timmy.


In the afternoon, we took the boat out to Bridgewater Plaza, where we strolled around the shops and tried (unsuccessfully) to cool off in the shade.  The entire area was crowded out the wazoo, and Titan was freaking out because the waves kept rocking the boat on the way there, but it was totally worth the trip.  I really like this photo I got of Mango's Bar and Grill from the second floor:


We spent the rest of the evening lounging around the condo, playing in the water, and feasting on an inordinately large dinner despite having snacked throughout the entire day.  In other words, living the American dream.  All too soon, it was time for us to head home, but before we did, we all decorated stones to keep at the condo as a record of our visit, including Titan.


We're finally home now, and I'm totally exhausted from what was probably the best Memorial Day I have ever had.  Now, if only I could get tomorrow off to recover...

No comments: