Craigslist Killer

I'm sore.  I want a massage.  I don't want to ask Titan because how can you trust a masseur who doesn't trim his own dewclaws?  Solution: the Charlottesville craigslist.

Just a few clicks brought me to this posting:

I am a student practitioner looking to do some body work for some extra practice. I will come to you so you can have the comfort of your own home. Please contact me for further details and to schedule your appointment. I look forward to talking to you.

But how do I know if I can trust this anonymous "student practitioner"?  How do I know this person isn't an ax murderer seeking out his or her next victim?

Obviously I punted the question straight to Matt, who has been doing a lot of research on serial killers as of late.  He says it's for his Psychiatry for Non-Psychiatrists selective, but I have my doubts.  Anyway, here's what he had to offer:

My assessment is serial killer.

At no point does this person even allude to massage. "Body Work" -- what are you, a car. The only body work that will be done if you call this person back is the kind you see in the cadaver lab. Notice how they said "I look forward to talking to you." Not with you, to you. You will not be talking because you will have a sock stuffed down to your lower esophageal sphincter. And what do they mean "Student Practitioner?" Clearly they are practicing murder on students. That's the worst part of all of this. They aren't even good at it yet. They are gonna botch the entire thing and you'll just be stuck there, sock in mouth, unable to do anything about it. You won't even be able to give them pointers because you won't have fingers left to point with. But you know what is most ominous about this e-mail... who is that grammatically correct?

But I dunno, maybe you should roll the dice?


The man makes some good points, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm sore, so I'll probably just have to contact the masseur/killer and find out for myself.

No comments: