Traffic Jam

You wouldn't think that Sam's Club and Walmart would be crowded at 11am because, you know, isn't everybody usually at work at that time?  Yes, but not retired grandmothers.  I think every woman over the age of 70 was running errands at the same time I was.

And do you know what women over the age of 70 use when they shop?  Checkbooks.  Yes, I know, I didn't know they still existed either.  But they do.  And there is a direct relationship between a person's age and the likelihood with which they regularly write checks.  Unfortunately, there is also an inverse relationship between a person's age and the speed at which they write, which may explain why I spent over 30 minutes waiting at the Sam's Club cash register.  Seriously.

At least I got some much-needed groceries.  And by groceries I mean $90 worth of Chex Mix, peanut butter filled pretzels, mixed nuts, pita chips, trail mix, and so on.  What?  Exercising makes me hungry!  You know, like grossing-my-friends-out-by-eating-six-plates-at-Newcomb-for-dinner-while-I-was-in-college hungry.  I even had to get out of bed at 2am last night just to eat a snack!  Just... can't... stay... away... from the chocolate chip cookies...

No comments: