Sam and Sam Do Yoga

One of my best friends from undergrad, Sam, is in town this weekend for the University Singers Slon 10th Anniversary Concert.  We have an alumni brunch at 11am, but since Other Sam (don't ever let him tell you that I'm the "Other Sam") has been doing P90X for over a month now, he wanted to make sure he got his workout in before we met up with everyone else.  And that's why I woke up at 8am to do Sam's yoga DVD with him.

I've never done P90X before.  Heck, I've never even done yoga before.  It turns out that trying both on the same day involves significant amounts amount of me yelling, "Holy crap!" before tumbling to the ground.  It apparently also involves a lot of contorting my body in ways I never thought possible and then keeping it there for 30 seconds or longer.  And isn't yoga supposed to be a meditative practice?  Why, then, was I sweating my bollocks off?  More importantly, who even uses the word "bollocks"?


My favorite pose, the savasana.  Mmm, it makes me so sleepy...

2 comments:

Grace said...

hahaha thats my favorite pose to. in english its "corpse" pose. ;)

Sam Thienemann said...

You were such a trooper. My favorite part was your roommate wending his way between us to and from the kitchen. Maybe next time we should just go for a hike...