Make Feast, Not Famine

Last week, Garrett informed me in a very urgent e-mail that the Tavern would be closing soon.  How an alum in Japan knew about this before a current student in Charlottesville is a little surprising, but then again, Garrett is no ordinary alum.  He's actually an alien from Mars.

Uhh, anyway... Garrett couldn't be here for the U-Singers reunion this weekend, but those of us who were still in town this morning fulfilled his wish of eating breakfast where students, tourists, and townspeople meet.  They've changed the menu since I'd last visited, and it no longer contains abhorrent misuse of quotation marks like made with "NATURAL" ingredients and try the house "SYRUP."  I ended up going with the bacon waffle, because what could be more delicious than a Belgian waffle?  A BELGIAN "WAFFLE" WITH BACON STUFFED INSIDE, DUH!


I went through a few hours of withdrawal after everyone left town, but luckily I was able to coerce some other friends to join me for the second baseball game against Duke this afternoon.  To be quite honest, it didn't take much coercing; apparently people aren't very resistant towards box seats that come with free food and beer.  The team made it worth our time, too, crushing Duke 18-4.  I'd like to think it was because of our strong support, SO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME OTHERWISE.


Before you say anything, I know: I hate posed pictures too, but both of these were just too classic for me not to share.  AND YOU WILL LOVE THEM BECAUSE I TOLD YOU TO.

Hmm, that was a lot of all-caps for one blog post.  Crap, am I becoming hypomanic again?

1 comment:

Garrett said...

I love this post.

The Tavern: where eggs, salmonella, and health inspectors meet.